Fancy trying out a fashion-forward twist on a classic hairstyle?
Then why not take inspiration from the effortlessly coiffed locks that rocked the Hernan Lander Fall/Winter 14 runway at New York Fashion Week.
Super-chic chignons were the talk of the fashion tent as supermodels walked the runway with gorgeously designed twists.
“I was keen to have the hair swept up as the clothes had a lot of detail so we need a style that didn’t interfere with the intricate design,” explains super stylist Matthew Curtis, who designed the look.
“So, that’s why we decided to go for a modern take on the classic chignon.”
Want to create a runway-ready look for yourself? Here’s how to make it work:
1. Start off by applying a styling mousse to dry hair and then blow-dry to prevent any frizz.
2. Next, create a deep set parting and then section off around the crown. Do this by taking the sides, and sweeping tight to sides of the ear before securing into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
3. Now, take the crown section and tie it into a ponytail so you have two ponytails on top of each other.
4. Secure the top pony to the base of the low pony and divide into sections and wrap around the top pony.
5. Take the ends and length to create a modern bun/chignon finish.
6. Finally, give your hair a good old spritz with hairspray and a dash of shine spray too.
© Cover Media