Q102 at Race for the Cure

Race for Cure rotator 660 x 370 Aug 2014Join Q102 at Race for the Cure at Coney Island on September 14th!!  Jeff Thomas will be hosting the main stage and Brian & Laura will be emceeing the Celebration of Hope ceremony.  Also,  join TEAM Q102 and walk with JonJon!  Enter the code: q102race and register for only $20 on TEAM Q102!!  Register here and join Q102 in the Race for the Cure!

Detail for Race for the Cure are as follows:

Name of the Event:                  Komen Greater Cincinnati Race for the Cure®

Date of Event:                         Sunday, September 14 7:00 a.m.                      Registration and Expo Opens 8:45 a.m.                      5K Competitive Runner Start 9:00 a.m.                      5K Walk Start 9:20 a.m.                      2K Family Walk Start 10:00 a.m.-1:00p.m.    Coney Island Park rides open

Length of Race:                       5K (3.1 mile) Run and Walk events 2K (1.2 mile) Family Walk

Course Location:                     Coney Island Park

Entrants:                                  More than 12,000 runners and walkers expected

Entry Forms:                            Available online at www.komencincinnati.org

Beneficiary:                             Up to 75 percent of net proceeds from the Race remain in Greater Cincinnati to fund community projects related to breast cancer research, breast health education, and breast cancer screening and treatment. The remainder of the net proceeds (a minimum of 25 percent) supports Susan G. Komen’s groundbreaking national breast cancer research.

National Sponsors:                   American Airlines, Ford Division, New Balance, SELF Magazine, and Walgreens

National Survivor Recognition Sponsor:             Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity

Local Presenting Sponsor:        The Kroger Co.

Promise Sponsor:                     Yoplait

Local Sponsors:                       Macy’s (official course sponsor), KAO USA, FOX 19, Q102’s Jennifer & Jeff, Prestige AV, Bob Roncker’s Running Spot, Cincy Chic, The Woodhouse Day Spa, Thortons, Cincinnati’s 94.9, Cincinnati Magazine, Laura’s Lean Beef, Great Day Productions, Sparkling Ice, Mammotome, Planes Moving & Storage, Oxford Physical Therapy (official PT sponsor), Bruegger’s Bagels (Kids for the Cure sponsor), Beckman Coulter Foundation, Eclectically for You Photography, Glier’s Goetta, Greater Cincinnati Ford Dealers, The Little Clinic, St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Queen City Sausage, SparkPeople, Union Institute and University, UC Health,.

Race Host:                               Coney Island Park

FACTS:

  • The Susan G. Komen for the CureGreater Cincinnati is proud to fund 11 local agencies and programs that offers aid and financial assistance for women diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
  • These funds offer financial assistance to women undergoing treatment for breast cancer and assist in meeting some financial burdens and ease their concerns as they go through the often challenging process of breast cancer treatment.
  • Funds raised from the annual Race for the Cure allowed Komen to provide resources for ground-breaking research that is moving closer to ending breast cancer forever.
  • Seventy-five percent of the funds that Komen raises locally are used to provide services in Greater Cincinnati. The emergency aid program through Cancer Family Care is just one example of how Komen spends that 75 percent right here in the Tri-State; other services include education about breast cancer and early detection, funding for free mammograms for women without insurance or who are underprivileged and funding for transportation and treatment support for survivors. The other 25 percent supports research that will discover the cures for breast cancer.
  • The continued support from community and partners like Kroger, Yoplait, Macy’s and Kao USA allows Komen to help even more women diagnosed with breast cancer and their families who are dealing with the diagnosis. People interested in Komen and the services we provide can learn more at www.komencincinnati.org.
  • Register for the 2014 Race for the Cure at Coney Island Park, or Donate to the Greater Cincinnati Affiliate at komencincinnati.org.

 


 

 

 

!