If you’ve been on TikTok lately, you’ve probably seen the viral new “7 Friend Theory.” Haven’t seen it yet? It says that everyone should have seven friends, each one bringing something unique with them, whether that be a personality trait, particular value, etc.
According to Bustle, the seven different friends you should have are:
- A friend you’ve had since you were little.
- A friend that could make you laugh in any situation.
- A friend that can go on forever without talking to but nothing changes.
- A friend you can tell anything to.
- A friend that’s like a sister.
- A friend you can’t imagine not being friends with.
- A friend that knows about all your relationship problems, even though they don’t want to hear about it.
We don’t know for sure who started this theory, but #7friendtheory has over 10.4 million views on TikTok and #7friendstheory has over 2.4 million, so it’s clearly catching on. TikTokers are showing off who their seven friends are, sharing pics of friends who fit each of these roles.